The report designer provides the user with all the tools for designing a report's appearance,
along with the ability of simultaneous previewing. The designer's interface meets up-to-date requirements.
It contains several toolbars, which can be docked wherever you want.
- 1- Report design work space
- 2- Menu bar
- 3- Toolbars
- 4- Object's toolbar
- 5- Report pages' tabs
- 6- Report tree window
- 7- Object inspector window
- 8- Data tree window. You can drag elements to a report page from this window
- 9- Rulers. When dragging a ruler to a report page, the guide line (which objects can be adhered to) appears
- 10- Status bar
A blank report in is presented as a paper page. At any place on the page, a user can add
objects, which can display different information (such as text and/or graphics), as well as
define the report's appearance.
- Band creation on a design page, of an area which has definite behavior; according to it's type.
- Text object displays one or several text lines within the rectangular area
- Picture object displays a graphic file in BMP, JPEG, ICO, WMF, or EMF format
- Line object displays a horizontal or a vertical line
- System text object displays service information (date, time, page number, etc), as well as aggregate values
- Subreport object allows inserting an additional report design page inside the basic one
- Draw category represents different geometrical figures (diagonal line, rectangle, rounded rectangle, ellipse, triangle, and diamond)
- Chart object displays data in the form of charts of different kinds (circle chart, histogram, and so on)
- RichText object displays a formatted text in Rich Text Format (RTF)
- CheckBox object displays a checkbox with either a check or a cross
- Barcode object displays data in the form of barcode (many different types of barcodes are available)
- OLE object is able to display any object using OLE technology.